Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and Gynecology (OBG) are the two surgical specialties dealing with the female reproductive organs. Obstetrics (from the Latin obstare, “to stand by”) is the surgical specialty dealing with the care of a woman and her offspring during pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (the short period after birth).
The departmental objectives are to encourage the medical graduates to practice the subject of Obstetrics and Gynecology with sincerity adhering to the ethical principles. The post graduate students are trained in all sub specialties like maternal fetal medicine, infertility and urogynecology. Women’s health forms the core objective of this department and several minor and major therapeutic services are offered in this regard.
The post graduate students are engaged in research activities and provide services in camps and outreach activities.
Highlights of patient care
- Facilities for identifying fetal abnormalities
- Early detection of cervical cancer by Pap smear & Colposcopy
- Facilities for managing gynaec. cancers – surgery, chemotherapy
- Diagnosis and management of problems of infertility including microsurgery
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic surgery including video laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and cystoscopy
- Management of high risk pregnancy
- Pap smear
- IVF Lab
Why choose SRIMSR ?
- Well-qualified and experienced faculty.
- Industry tie-ups and International collaborations.
- 20+ Years of Experience.
- High Standard Detailing in Academics.
- Smart Classes and Online Learning available.